Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Lake FX Summit + Expo This Weekend
Lake FX Summit + Expo presented by Google is the region’s largest FREE conference for artists, creative professionals and entrepreneurs.The inaugural four-day event, running April 16-19, will welcome thousands of individuals, businesses and organizations for keynotes by industry leaders, professional development panels and workshops, networking opportunities, music and film showcases, the Expo resource fair and a marketplace featuring local artisans.
More information and to register.
Performing Arts highlights
• Playwright and screenwriter Tanya Saracho participating in the opening night event at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance in a discussion on Chicago's "Lake Effect" with designer Max Temkin, visual artist Hebru Brantley, iO Theater founder Charna Halpern and author Alex Kotlowitz and moderated by television commentator Laura Schwartz
• Sun-Times Hedy Weiss moderating a panel including members of TimeLine Theater, Griffin Theatre, Chicago Children’s Theater and Black Ensemble Theater on finding and financing permanent theater spaces
• Panels devoted to topics such as programming and funding a national tour, the contemporization of classic theater forms, community engagement and social change through art
• Workshops on Contact Improvisation, Neo-Futurists Performance Barrel of Monkeys’ Adaptation Process and Butoh Practice
• Over 100 exhibitors at the Lake FX Expo with all kinds of information on career resources and opportunities
• Plus numerous panels, workshops and career development discussions on topics ranging from funding to marketing to business plan development.
Lake FX Chicago is on Facebook and @LakeFXChicago on Twitter #LakeFX.