APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR FALL 2017 SPONSORED ARTISTS AT HIGH CONCEPT LABS
Ten individuals or ensembles will receive support from August 15 through December 15, 2017
High Concept Labs (HCL) announces a call for artists and collectives to take part in its Sponsored Artist Program during HCL’s Fall 2017 Season, August 15 through December 15, 2017. HCL is an arts service organization dedicated to supporting working artists and engaging the Chicago community with arts and culture. HCL fulfills its mission through the Sponsored Artist Program. The Fall 2017 Sponsored Artist Application is due by 11:59 PM CST on Thursday, June 15, 2016. Applications may be accessed at highconceptlabs.org/sap.
HCL’s Sponsored Artist Program is designed to promote the growth of artists and their work through the donation of customizable, no-cost support services including:
• Rehearsal, workshop, and performance space
• Administrative and production assistance
• Communications and design support
• Audience development and media outreach
• Artistic consultation
• Photo and video documentation (when available)
• Strategic networking for partnerships, funding, and creative collaborators
• Teaching and workshop opportunities
• Participation in HCL Artist Critique sessions
• and more
Projects are chosen twice a year and last for a period of four months. Each season is curated to represent emerging and established artists from a range of artistic disciplines. We sponsor three paths of development based on different intentions for the end-result of the project.
• Incubation – projects that require services to support the long-term development of a body of work and are not geared toward a public showing.
• Workshop – projects that are geared toward a workshop-showing of work after a period of incubation. The purpose of the showing is to gauge the development of the work and see how it changes in the presence of an invited audience.
• Exhibition/Performance – HCL acts as a producing partner to present a formal exhibition or performance for the public (may or may not also include a period of incubation and/or workshop).
Successful applicants will be emerging or established artists or collectives with a history of successful work (need not be in same discipline as application project) and with clear goals for their Sponsorship. Accepted artists will be chosen to represent an array of artistic practices and will be chosen by HCL’s Staff and Artistic Advisory Council.