INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS PROGRAM OVERVIEW – Opens December 6, 2013/Closes January 13, 2014 5PM CST
The goal of the Individual Artists Program (IAP) is to discover, nurture and expand Chicago’s practicing artists and creative professionals. Through this grant program, DCASE will award project grants to Chicago-based artists and creative professionals over 18 years of age, at all career levels (emerging, mid-career, mature), and working across numerous disciplines. We will support those working in both the traditional fine arts as well as the for-profit creative industries. Grant sizes typically range from $2,000-$5,000. The Individual Artists Program encompasses support through two different Funding Categories:
• Creation of Artistic Work – Provides project support for practicing artists and creative professionals to develop or create artistic work.
• Professional Development – Supports professional development opportunities, projects and programs related to the career of a practicing artist or creative professional.
To be eligible to apply for the Individual Artists Program grant, applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
• Be a professional artist or creative professional.
• Work within one or more of the following disciplines/areas: Visual, Music (vocal and instrumental), Dance, Theater, Performance Art, Interdisciplinary, Literary, Design (includes Fashion, Industrial, and Costume), Film, Curatorial and Archival; and
• Be at least 18 years old; and
• Be a United States citizen or a holder of permanent alien status; and
• Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois.
Questions? Please go to our website at www.ChicagoCulturalGrants.org; or e-mail APortillo@cityofchicago.org.