Play for Keeps was launched in 2006, Stockyards Theatre Projects’ Play for Keeps continues to fulfill the Stockyards mission to give volume to the voices of women by creating positive, substantial roles in plays for female performers. How the workshop operates?
• The meetings would take place every other week
• The meetings would begin at 4:00pm and run until 6:00pm.
• Each workshop participants can bring in material and have their work read for the group. Followed by helpful, constructive suggestions offered to assist the writer in honing the piece.
• At the end of the workshop there will be a public reading on November 3 at 7:00pm at Unity Lutheran (where the workshop is being held). The reading will include the works that have been created during workshop.
Who can participate?
• Play for Keeps is open to new and experienced writers developing new works. Or if you’ve gotten stuck on a project and would like to move it forward.
• Pen and paper for in class exercises
• If you want to have material read in the workshop you will need to bring in enough typewritten copies for the actors needed for the piece.
The web page - www.stockyardstheatreproject.org
WHERE: Unity Lutheran Church 1212 W. Balmoral Avenue, Chicago, IL 60640
(North of Foster and West of Broadway)
September 15 and 29, October 13 and 27
November 3 at 7:00pm - Staged reading of Play for Keeps material Unity Lutheran Church in the Community Hall