Thursday, June 7, 2012

Re-Energized

I was on vacation last week, travelling in Portugal. It was beautiful and I love to travel and there were so many wonderful things to see and do. In a small town called Evora there was some kind of a book festival going on and we wandered down to the center of town at about 10:00 at night and there was a storyteller on stage and an audience of about 200 people listening, it was so beautiful. In Lisbon we went to a Fado house and saw some incredible Fado singers. Gorgeous, if you’ve never heard it – I would describe it as having the passion of opera combined with folk music. We saw wonderful old churches and castles and the most glorious tile work I have ever seen.

But you know what’s the best? I missed my Chicago. As wonderful as Europe is…you know, all those old churches and other old stuff, what we have here is extraordinary. Walking around Chicago rivals walking around almost any city in Europe. And of course the theatre…unrivaled. On the way home I met two honeymooners on their way to Chicago and I was so excited to tell them where to go and what to do. I love doing that.

And the other thing that’s best? I’m re-energized for the work. It was a great vacation but I’m glad to be home and I can’t wait to see some theatre.

Deb

No comments: