Thursday, March 8, 2012

Most Opulent in Emotional Expression

We are moving our offices and going through some old papers when we came across a piece of a report that must have been written a long time ago. It’s not even clear who actually wrote it, but it seems like it must have been a consultant of some sort. The report compares the League to some other organizations and says “the League is the largest, most diverse, most rambunctious and lively, most complex in terms of programming and ambition, and most opulent in emotional expression.” It goes on to describe the League as having “a perpetually unruly passenger list composed of numerous strong willed individuals.”

Well…I was just tickled. I love those words: rambunctious, lively, opulent, unruly, strong willed. I wouldn’t mind if they were applied to me personally. I don’t think this person actually meant these words to be complimentary but I think they still very aptly describe the League and probably most of our members, because don’t they just describe what we do – the art – in all its beauty and messiness?

I know you are probably sick of hearing it but please bring your rambunctious and opulent in emotional expression selves to the meeting on Monday evening about the cultural plan. More details are in the broadcast and you can RSVP to ben@chicagoplays.com.

Deb

No comments: