Mondays, December 20 and January 24, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
League offices, 228 S. Wabash, Suite 200
With the race to be Chicago's next mayor and many aldermen on, advocacy must be center stage for your theatre. We explain why and answer the who, what, when, where, and how in Arts Advocacy 101.
Training take-aways include:
· Why advocacy is essential for artists and arts organizations
· Who can engage in advocacy and the in-bound and out-of-bound activities for nonprofits
· What to expect when you engage decision-makers and elected officials
· How to design an advocacy strategy and select advocacy tactics that work
· The specific challenges and opportunities facing the Chicago theatre community
Presented by Arts Alliance Illinois, this training is full of stories, lessons learned from their own advocacy experiences, and role plays.
RSVP to email@example.com to attend one of these events