Steppenwolf Theatre Company is pleased to announce the launch of its new iPhone App—now available for free download through the iPhone App Store. Steppenwolf is one of the first non-profit theatre companies in Chicago to create a user-friendly app for on-the-go theatre patrons. The Steppenwolf app can also be used on the iPad and iPod Touch. The new Steppenwolf iPhone App provides easy access to information about current shows, tickets, news, social media and special discounts:
· Purchase Tickets: With only three taps, users can view current and upcoming productions, check performance dates and purchase tickets with the What’s On feature. The app’s performance calendar mirrors the iPhone’s calendar, making it easy to view the run of a production.
· Stay Informed: Explore a production before you arrive at the theatre—read the latest news on Steppenwolf’s blog, watch video interviews and listen to podcasts with the artists. Quickly share information with friends and hear what others are saying with a direct link to Facebook and Twitter.
· Maintain an Account: Create a personal profile to track tickets purchases, update billing information and link directly to social media accounts.
· Directions, Dining & Parking: The Getting Here feature profiles Steppenwolf’s three performance venues (Downstairs Theatre, Upstairs Theatre and Merle Reskin Garage Theatre) links to Google Maps for easy directions, provides parking information and offers nearby restaurant recommendations.
· Special Offers: Stay up-to-date on current discount offers, including group rates, student tickets, half-priced rush tickets and other last-minute deals.
Other Steppenwolf productions currently available for purchase via the iPhone App include Detroit, Steppenwolf for Young Adults’ production of To Kill a Mockingbird and the 6th annual First Look Repertory of New Work.