Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Good Idea

Apropos of nothing, I thought this was a great idea…I was on vacation last week, in Connecticut. I have a friend who works for the Westport Country Playhouse who told me about a great family program they do. They invite families to come through email invitations of lists they have from school events and so forth. They don’t do any advertising, it is all email and word of mouth. They invite them to the playhouse for dinner and a show. They charge $10.00 per person, consciously keeping it the price of a movie. A local restaurant donates pizza or lasagna or something inexpensive. It has been a huge success, they have had over 100 people at each event they have done so far. They have a cutesy name for it like Hanging with the ‘rents or something like that. He read me a couple of the emails from the parents who are so incredibly grateful to have an inexpensive evening out with their kids. I was really impressed.

Deb

No comments: