Williams Street Repertory, a professional theatre company located in the northwest suburb of Crystal Lake, is excited to announce they are now accepting submissions for their 2017 – 2018 LAB new play reading series!
“Writing can be a lonely, isolated endeavor. But plays are meant to be seen and heard,” explains founding artistic director, Richard Kuranda. “It’s imperative for the playwright to send their work out into the world. The collaboration that results from the meeting of playwright, director and actors is an essential step in the journey of any play and the growth of the playwright. LAB Series provides its playwrights with the opportunity to hear their voice (and their play) in the early stages of development. It’s an incredibly brave moment when a new work of art takes a breath in front of an audience for the first time.”
WSRep’s LAB Series is dedicated to showcasing new scripts and fostering new talent as well as giving the audience an artist’s perspective of the play-on-the-page. The goal of the series is to offer a public forum (free of charge), bringing audiences and theatre artists together to share and discuss a wide range of exciting work. Each reading is followed by a talkback and discussion.
This submission request is for new work and unproduced scripts only. If you are interested in submitting your script for consideration, please email the following materials to email@example.com:
1. A personal statement or letter of introduction (1-page max, please. Please include any specific questions you may have for your script that you would like addressed in the talkback.)
2. Two digital copies of your script in PDF format (one copy that includes your name and one copy with your name redacted).
3. A brief biography (150 words or less).
4. A jpeg picture or headshot and resume if you have one.
5. A simple list of any scheduling conflicts you may have already forecasted for 2017-2018.
The deadline for submission is June 16, 2017. For more information on WSRep’s LAB Series, visit wsrep.org/play-with-us.