New season with new offerings begin soon!
Flying Performers: "Have You Thought About…"
September 10, 2016 8:30 - 5:00 EDT
Rockford HS, Rockford, Michigan
Presenter: Tracy Nunnally, Vertigo (http://www.flyingfx.com/)
• Learn about safety, staffing and budget
• Demonstration of necessary rigs & equipment
• All to help effectively plan the flying in your production
Co-sponsored with USITT Midwest Regional Section
Cost: $10-$25 (Includes membership in Midwest Section)
Go to http://midwest.usitt.org/programs for info.and to register for this workshop
Registration DEADLINE: Friday, Sept. 2
Electricity 101: Basics for the Stage Technician and ETC's Layers of Light Presentation
September 17, 2016 9:00 - 2:00
Naperville Central HS, Naperville, Illinois
Presenter: Tom Craner, Field Service Tech, Grand Stage
• Safety first: Learn how to work with electricity
• Basic electrical math and tools for the technician
• How to work with connectors, cables, wires and plugs
• Dealing with lamps for theatrical fixtures
"Layers of Light"
Presenter: Tom Littrell, ETC Education Outreach
• Learn about LED fixtures as a tool for lighting
• How they compare with traditional fixtures on skin, costumes and scenery
• How LED fixtures are dimmed and other control aspects for the stage
*Cost: Educational - $15, others: $25 Lunch included Registration DEADLINE: Friday, September 9
To register, go to: http://www.grandstage.com/tsw.htm and fill out our registration form.
Questions? Contact Steve Jacobs, Director of Training Workshops firstname.lastname@example.org.