The Chicago Fringe Festival is proud to announce its application dates for groups and organizations interested in participating in the 2013 Fringe Festival, August 29 – September 8, 2013. The application, currently available online for review at Chicagofringe.org, may be completed with the application fee and submitted Saturday, Dec. 8 at 10 a.m. – Friday, Feb. 15 at 11:59 p.m. CST. There are two methods of applying to the Chicago Fringe Festival: a limited number of 13 first come, first served and the lottery. For more information go to www.Chicagofringe.org.
Chicago Fringe Festival consists of 25% organizations using the first come, first served option and the remaining 75% are chosen using a lottery system. The 13 spots that make up the first come, first served are designed to reward early applicants. These spots have historically sold out in less than five minutes. The lottery where the remaining participants are chosen will be held in late February 2013. For more information on the applications and fees go to www.Chicagofringe.org.
In order for performances to qualify for the Chicago Fringe Festival 2013, they must meet all three of the following requirements:
1. The performance piece must be 80% choreographed or scripted. No solely improvisational shows are permitted.
2. The performance piece must not be produced in the Chicagoland area (defined as Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County and Will County, IL) from the dates of January 1, 2013 to November 1, 2013.
3. The performance piece must be 45-60 minutes in length and be able to be set up and struck within 10 minutes.
All Fringe performers receive box office assistance, promotions through the Chicago Fringe Festival website and 100% of the box office venue for their performances. In the 2012 Festival, more than $28,000 was given back to artists from box office revenue.
FRINGE INFORMATION WORKSHOP
The Chicago Fringe Festival hosts an information session on the application process and its 2013 Festival, Sunday, Dec. 2 from 6 – 7 p.m. at Chicago Dramatists, 1105 W. Chicago Ave. Fringe Business Manager Adrienne Guldin leads the session, with representation from several past Fringe performers. The information session is free to the public and attendees are asked to RSVP to CFF Events Coordinator Katie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.