Thursday, March 1, 2012

Are You Busy?

Is everyone as busy in March as we are. It’s taken me a lifetime, but I think I’ve finally figured out that I can expect some months to regularly be busier than others and March is one of them. I can see you all looking at each other and wondering if I’m the right person to lead the League if I’m that dense. I think when I was working in a theatre it was more show dependent, some shows made the whole staff busier than others. Now, there are a lot of outside influences on my busyness level and it seems like everyone comes back after the holiday break, plans a bunch of stuff and it all happens in March. Same thing happens in October and November after all the post summer vacation planning in September.

No different for us here at the League – you can look at your broadcast and see everything we have going on. I distinctly remember saying in the Fall,”let’s not do this again,” but we did. Can’t help ourselves. AND…we’re freaking moving. I think everyone detests moving. But you are going to love our new space, much better. I’ve sent you all an invitation to a theatre meeting regarding the cultural plan so I won’t bore you with that again. But another plea to please come to that meeting on March 12.

Anyway, too much going on to do much more than tell you what we’re up to. Soon it will be summer.

Deb

No comments: