Thursday, December 1, 2011

We Will Miss Her

I will miss Maggie Daley. I never knew her personally but her stamp was everywhere in this City. She truly understood the importance of beauty in our lives. I remember when I first moved to Chicago – it was the holidays and I commented to someone on how it seemed like everything that wasn’t in motion had a light on it. Maggie’s work I was told. Along with the flowers that are everywhere in the summer and Gallery 37 and After School Matters and all kinds of other projects.

She took her job as Chicago’s first lady seriously and left an imprint that will be seen for generations to come. Even throughout her long illness, she never faltered in her dedication to the arts and to the people, especially the children, of Chicago.

We were lucky to have her and I will be forever inspired by her work.

Deb

No comments: