Thursday, October 13, 2011

Do It!

About 10 years ago I took advantage of the TCG program “Expanding the Theatre Manager’s Repertoire,” the workshop was led by Robbin Walker and I have never forgotten many of the things I learned there. It was an invaluable part of my training as a theatre professional. She covered things that I was uncomfortable with such as managing conflict and managing change. These lessons were soon put to work directly and with huge impact in my professional life.

I am absolutely thrilled that Robbin has agreed to do a workshop for us here in Chicago and I strongly recommend that you take it if you can. It is meant for professionals at all levels who have a need to manage people whether they are staff, board members, volunteers, etc. Robbin is an inspiring and dynamic teacher, trainer and coach. She has trained thousands of leaders, at all levels, in areas from diversity to high-potential talent to all facets of leadership.

Some of the topics she will cover in our workshop will be resolving conflicts between artists and managers over budget constraints, guiding yourself and others through a change in leadership, fostering influential relationships with board members and striking a balance between discipline and camaraderie.

The workshop will take place at Bella Bacino’s Club Quarters, 75 East Wacker on November 3 and 4. November 3 will be from 9:00-4:30 and lunch will be served, November 4 will be from 9:00-Noon. You can RSVP to ben@chicagoplays.com. Do it!

Deb

No comments: