Thursday, October 25, 2012

Critical Mass


It is rare that we ever can get a critical mass of Chicago theatre hoity toity together as we did on Monday. I’m sorry if you missed it because it was a blast. I don’t know why the League annual meeting is always such a great event. I always meet new people at the meeting, whether they are there for the first time or they are a member of a new company. The energy is always so great. Maybe it’s just because everyone is together for the first time in a long time or maybe the first time ever for some people? Maybe it’s the free booze? But I always feel like it is a really special evening and I truly hope it’s because everyone there feels like I do which is that I am a part of something larger. Of course, I always have a reason to feel that but I hope that everyone who comes to the meeting feels it. We are part of this amazing thing that happens here and every time another show goes on to Broadway or Galway or Milwaukee we are all a part of that too. So, whatever that thing is that makes it such a joy when we get together, I thank you all for making it happen.

Deb

No comments: