Thursday, January 28, 2010

I (heart) Chicago Theatre

I was extremely proud to be asked to talk about Chicago theatre’s Haiti relief drive on Dean Richards’ show on Sunday morning. And we should all be proud of the efforts our community has put in. Not everybody has a show running but so many people have stepped up to participate. I got an email from Oracle this morning saying that they will be donating a portion of ticket sales, and that the instructors for their classes will be donating the income from that, Broadway In Chicago has collected over $75,000, lots of theatres are sending out the information in their eblasts, Greenhouse Theater has put a great piece up on their website, Chicago Cabaret Project is collecting at their performances, and the list goes on and on.

We rock. What else can I say. If you are participating and you haven’t let us know please email me or Ben so we can get a complete list.

Deb

No comments: