Thursday, April 2, 2009

World Theatre Day Recap

World Theatre Day reminded me why I LOVE CHICAGO THEATRE. People from all over the world uploaded to the tumbler feed and the blog, especially great were the numerous “Neo-Futurists Presents” videos, if you haven’t seen them, check them out, hilarious. The party at the Chopin was seriously fun. Hundreds of people showed up and it was just beautiful to see all these Chicago theatre artists and there was so much good will and pride in what we do and if you missed it I really feel bad for you. Jess Hutchinson and Nick Keenan rounded up a bunch of folks to volunteer their time and their talents and really made it collaborative and spirited and, I’ll say it again fun. Lela and Zygmunt at Chopin Theatre were our gracious hosts. I was so proud to be a part of it and of this community.

I look forward to next year, but in the meantime I hope we find other ways to come together as a community and celebrate ourselves.

Deb

No comments: